Cassiobury House

The history of Cassiobury House goes back to Sir Richard Morison who bought the estate of Cassiobury from Henry VIII after the Dissolution of the Monasteries. By marriage the house passed to the Capel family and it became the seat of the Earl of Essex. The house was much developed but sadly fell into decline and was demolished in 1927.

Cassiboury Park with house in the distance

Cassiobury 1922

1806 South-West Front of Cassiobury House in 1806

1846 Cassiobury House, from the south west

Cassiobury House Orangery 1922

Cassiobury House 1922

Entrance to Cassiobury House 1922

Cassiobury House

Cassiobury House, the cloisters

Cassiobury House, stork fountation 1867

Cassiobury House, state bedroom

Cassiobury House, staircase

Cassiobury House, staircase

Cassiobury House, oak dining room

Cassiobury House, inner library

Cassiobury House, Great Library

Cassiobury House, entrance hall

LOCATION

194 High Street

Watford

WD17 2DT

OPENING HOURS

Saturdays only (from 1 August)
10am to 5pm

FREE ADMISSION

 

CONTACT US

Tel: 01923 232297

info@watfordmuseum.org.uk

  • Facebook Social Icon